Welcome to the Dance-Movement Therapy Association of Australia!
The Dance Movement Therapy Association (DTAA) is the recognised professional body for dance movement therapy in Australia. It sets the standards for Professional and Associate levels of membership, training and supervision. The DTAA also warmly welcomes General and Student members.
The DTAA promotes the growth, development and recognition of the dance-movement therapy profession in Australia by:
- establishing and maintaining standards for training, research and professional practice
- providing a means of communication, education and networking between dance-movement therapists, other health professionals, employers and clients
- liaising with other relevant peak and professional bodies
- providing information and resources for dance-movement therapy practitioners, students and the wider community
- offering Professional Membership status to applicants who meet the training criteria, and Associate, Student or Overseas membership to others interested in dance-movement therapy.
Member resources include the opportunity for recognition as a dance movement therapist, bi-annual journal, regular news of events, insurance, library and professional development opportunities.
Body as Voice: Restorative Movement Psychotherapy
Saturday 29, Sunday 30 June, Monday 1, Tuesday 2 July 2013
Workshops with Amber Gray
Creative Arts Therapy Forum
Saturday 6 July 2013, Abbotsford Convent, Collingwood
One day Symposium with presentations from associations ANZATA, DTAA, ACATA and AMTA, group work and participation
Hanny Exiner Memorial Foundation Research in Dance Movement Therapy
Australian Dance Movement Therapy Research Grants 2013 NOW OPEN
HEMF is now inviting applications for grants for projects to advance the field of dance movement therapy through evaluation, research and quality assurance activities. Two grants of up to $2,000 each are available in 2013. Applications close Sunday 28 July 2013.
Dance Therapy Collections 3
Review of Dance Therapy Collections 3
by Penny Best.