Welcome to the Dance-Movement Therapy Association of Australia!
The Dance Movement Therapy Association (DTAA) is the recognised professional body for dance movement therapy in Australia. It sets the standards for Professional and Associate levels of membership, training and supervision. The DTAA also warmly welcomes General and Student members.
The DTAA promotes the growth, development and recognition of the dance-movement therapy profession in Australia by:
- establishing and maintaining standards for training, research and professional practice
- providing a means of communication, education and networking between dance-movement therapists, other health professionals, employers and clients
- liaising with other relevant peak and professional bodies
- providing information and resources for dance-movement therapy practitioners, students and the wider community
- offering Professional Membership status to applicants who meet the training criteria, and Associate, Student or Overseas membership to others interested in dance-movement therapy.
Member resources include the opportunity for recognition as a dance movement therapist, bi-annual journal, regular news of events, insurance, library and professional development opportunities.
You can subscribe to receive our email bulletin Current Moves, with details of our activities and events. View past copies here.
Hanny Exiner Memorial Foundation:
-Professional Development Grant available
for Penny Best workshop February 2014
-HEMF Award 2013 made to Tony Norquay
-HEMF Research Grant 2013 awarded to Marita Jacobssen
Penelope Best workshop
CPF training Amber Gray part three
Radical Freedom - a continuum movement intensive
26 Feb - 2 March
Special Issue: Focus on Dr. Marcia B. Leventhal
Journal of the Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australia
Volume 11, No's 1 and 2.