Welcome to the Dance-Movement Therapy Association of Australia!
The Dance Movement Therapy Association (DTAA) is the recognised professional body for dance movement therapy in Australia. It sets the standards for Professional and Associate levels of membership, training and supervision. The DTAA also warmly welcomes General and Student members.
The DTAA promotes the growth, development and recognition of the dance-movement therapy profession in Australia by:
- establishing and maintaining standards for training, research and professional practice
- providing a means of communication, education and networking between dance-movement therapists, other health professionals, employers and clients
- liaising with other relevant peak and professional bodies
- providing information and resources for dance-movement therapy practitioners, students and the wider community
- offering Professional Membership status to applicants who meet the training criteria, and Associate, Student or Overseas membership to others interested in dance-movement therapy.
Member resources include the opportunity for recognition as a dance movement therapist, bi-annual journal, regular news of events, insurance, library and professional development opportunities.
You can subscribe to receive our email bulletin Current Moves, with details of our activities and events. View past copies here.
Australian Dance Movement Therapy Research Grants 2014
The Hanny Exiner Memorial Foundation invites applications for grants for projects that could advance the field of dance movement therapy through evaluation, research and quality assurance activities. Closing date Monday 14 July.
DTAA National Conference: Broadening the Spectrum:
Dance and other expressive arts therapies for health and healing
July 12-14, 2015
Abbotsford Convent, Abbotsford, Victoria
Keynote speaker: Dr. Sherry Goodill
Special Issue: Focus on Dr. Marcia B. Leventhal
Journal of the Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australia
Volume 11, No's 1 and 2.